Travel Studies 2011
Submissions ends: October 4, 2011
Voting opens: October 5, 2011
Voting closes: October 22, 2011
Hello Travel Study/Study Abroad Students, faculty, staff, and friends of TWU!
Welcome to the 4th Travel Study photo Contest. All TWU students who have participated in a TWU approved travel study/study abroad (for credit) experience during the Fall 2010, Spring/Summer 2011 terms, may submit entries for this contest. We hope you have taken many memorable photos!
When it comes time to vote - invite all of your family and friends to go online to vote for all of their favourite travel study photos.
ANNOUNCING: 2011 PHOTO CONTEST WINNING ENTRIES
- 1st Prize - iPad 2 WI-FI 16GB
NATURAL BEAUTY (Miscellaneous)
Erin Steunenberg / Zambia/Nursing Travel Study
- 2nd Prize - $150.00
AFRICA (Sense of Place)
Sarah Moerman / Zambia/Nursing Travel Study
3rd Prize - $100.00 ON WATCH IN JERUSALEM (An Intercultural Experience)
Lindsey Walker / Israel Religious Studies Travel Study
Honorable Mention - TWU Bookstore $25.00 Gift Certificate (4 total)
ONE, TWO, THREE, PARACHUTE (An Intercultural Experience) Jenna Matson / Cameroon / Education Travel Study
A CHILD'S JOY (Miscellaneous) Karey Robertson / Cameroon / Education Travel Study
FAMOUS RED DOUBLE-DECKER (Miscellaneous) Melissa Alvaro / London / Fine Arts Travel Study
SHAKESPEARE AT THE GLOBE THEATRE (Intercultural Experience) Erin Thorpe / London / Fine Arts Travel Study
You may submit up to 3 photos per category
- An Intercultural Experience — This is about people, the meeting and mixing of cultures.
- A Sense of Place — This is about places and scenery; capturing the unique essence of the country you visited.
- Miscellaneous — This is for the photo that “says it all” with regards to your personal experience, but may not fit into the previous two categories.
How to submit photos
- Sign in and complete the registration form
- Choose the link "Submit a photo" in the upper right corner of this page
- Complete the online Photo Contest Application
- Name each photo
- Images must be a minimum size of 1200 x 1800 pixels
- Photos may be in color or black and white
- Photo entries start out hidden, they are made public following a preliminary review (within 24-36 hours)
How to vote
- Choose "Browse Photos"
- Choose a photo to vote on (you will be asked to sign in if you have not already done so)
- Anyone who has an OpenID account (Google, Yahoo, AOL, etc) may vote
- You may vote for as many photos as you would like, once per photo